Today, Todd focused on 2 Peter 2:1-3, urging us to hold fast to the Truth of God’s Word, that we may discern and reject false teaching.
- According to 2 Peter 2:1-3 and 2 Timothy 4:3-4, what are some of the common characteristics of false teachers? How do you know if someone is a false teacher?
- What false teachings are being promoted throughout our culture today? How might you be allowing these false tachings to subtly infiltrate your thoughts and beliefs? Are there certain TV shows, movies, entertainers, or musicians that you need to remove from your life because of the false messages that they promote?
- God will not only hold every false teacher responsible for their false teachings, He will also hold every one of us responsible for the teachings we believe. How are you being diligent to test your beliefs against the Truth of Scripture? How might you and your community group spur one another on to “accurately handle the Word of Truth,” (2 Timothy 2:15)? Click here to download a copy of the "false teacher" chart that Todd used in today's message.
- When the storms of life hit, where do you look to find your security? Wealth? Family? Intellect? Reputation? Talent? Or, do you hold fast to the Truth of God’s Word, trusting in His unfailing promises? What does it look like to hold fast to the Truth of God’s Word amidst the storm? What Bible verses and promises have strengthened you throughout previous storms in your life?
- How are you making sure you are prepared to preach the Word, both in and out of season, (2 Timothy 4:1-5)? With whom will you share the Truth of God’s Word this week?