Today, JP began a 2-part series called “Unashamed.” He covered the topic: “Why we are ashamed to share the gospel.
- JP gave 3 reasons as to why we don’t share the gospel. Which of the reasons do you most resonate with? What response did JP give to refute that reason? Did JP’s response motivate you or change your thinking?
- In John 14:6, Jesus states, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” Given what JP covered, what are the implications of this truth? In light of these implications, is sharing the gospel loving or judging?
- JP stated that in the past, when he has “whiffed” in sharing the gospel, it was due to his motivation not being in love. Have you ever “whiffed” in sharing the gospel? Why do you believe you this happened? What would you do differently if you had that opportunity back? What can you do to prepare for your next opportunity to share the gospel?
- Reread 1 Corinthians 15:3-8. Why did Paul (the author of 1 Corinthians) make it a point to write about all the people who saw the risen Christ after His death? How can you discuss this point when sharing the gospel?
- JP stated that when we share the gospel, we are partnering with the Spirit of God, who gives us a spirit of power (2 Timothy 1:7) and, ultimately, God does the work of changing hearts. How does this truth change your perspective and motivation to share the gospel? What else did JP say that helped you feel “unashamed” to evangelize?