- Todd started his message making the case that "the most Jewish thing you can do is become a follower of Jesus Christ." What do you think this means? Do you agree? Explain.
- According to Acts 2:5, who was present during Peter's message? According to the Jews, what was the purpose of Pentecost? What happened on this day that served as a sign to the Jews?
- As we become more like Christ, what attribute of God is to mark our lives above all else?
- Why does Peter quote from Joel 2? How was Joel 2 fulfilled at the time of Pentecost?
- Review the Abrahamic Covenant found in Genesis 12:1-3. What did God promise Abraham? Was this covenant conditional or unconditional? What is the relationship between the Abrahamic Covenant and the Mosaic Covenant (Deuteronomy 28-30)? Davidic Covenant (2 Samuel 7)? The New Covenant (Jeremiah 31:31ff)? How do these covenants tell us the plan of God How is Jesus the ultimate fulfillment of each of these covenants?
- Read 1 Corinthians 11:23-26. What is the relationship between the Lord's Supper and what God promised through the covenants? What do these covenants teach us about the character of God? Our need for a Savior?
- What are the 7 things Peter says about Jesus? If you were asked to speak on Jesus, what would you say? How would you describe Him?
- How is Jesus the fulfillment of what David said in Psalm 16? Psalm 110? How does the fulfillment of Scripture affect your belief in the trustworthiness of God's Word?
Below you will find the slides that Todd used in his message.