Listen in as Jonathan “JP” Pokluda finishes his three part series on Head, Heart, and Hands. Today’s message focuses on the gifts God has given to His people in order to serve the church. Whether God has entrusted you with a large gift or small, He desires for you to use the gifts He has given you for His kingdom and for His glory.
- If every gift you have comes from God, what has God personally given you? How are you stewarding your gifts for God rather than yourself?
- If we recognize that every gift comes from God, it creates humility. In what ways are you tempted to seek your own glory with your gifts? How can your community help you fulfill the instruction in Romans 12:3?
- From Romans 12:3-8 we learn that our gifts not only belong to God, but they also belong to the church. How do you see the various gifts within your community group help the church thrive? Take some time to encourage each community group member by sharing with him or her how you see God has gifted him or her.
- If you are unsure about your spiritual gifts, take this inventory as a community group. You can also sign up for the "Find Your Mission" class that JP spoke about here.
- If God has commanded us to use our gifts within the body, we can only fulfill this command by being a part of a church body. If you are not a member of a local church, what is holding you back? If you are a member, how are you fully using your gifts?