This morning, Todd continues our PREP series and discusses what we must do to prepare ourselves to give an account to the Lord for how we stewarded our lives.
- What is your initial reaction to the idea that you will one day stand before the Lord and give an account for how you lived? What do you think you must do to be ready for this time?
- Todd quoted: "We are saved by faith alone, but not by a faith that is alone." What do you think this means? What does it not mean? Can you support this idea biblically?
- Todd emphasized our need to know God's Word and be ready to respond to people's questions and criticisms about our faith. What are you currently doing to equip yourself to know God's Word? What subject would you like to learn more about? How can your group help one another better understand God's Word?
- Read Psalm 23. For what reason did David write this often quoted Psalm? How does it portray God? In what ways does this Psalm speak to our need to be ready for when our faith comes under trial?
- Todd ended one of his illustrations with the idea that "My God doesn't finalize His accounts every October." What does this mean? How does this idea encourage you in your current circumstances and struggles?
- If you knew Jesus was returning tomorrow, how would you live differently? What does this suggest about the current condition of your faith?
- Discuss the blog post that Todd mentioned in today's message with your community.