Join Adam Tarnow, David Marvin and David Penuel as they teach us about how the Bible prepares us for doubt, failure and loneliness.
Adam uses the acronym TAKE5 to help us respond when our faith is challenged or our circumstances make us doubt that God is good, His Word can be trusted and He loves us.
· Take a look around
· Ask Questions
· Know God’s Word
· Examine your heart
· 5leep (no, it’s not a typo)
1) With whom can you discuss your doubts or questions about God or faith? Check out Watermark’s Great Questions ministry.
2) What steps will you take to examine your doubtful heart in comparison to God and his Word and learn more about Jesus, the sure strong foundation upon which whom our faith is built?
David Marvin teaches us that in the midst of failure we have two choices: we can run away from God or run toward God. When our identity is defined by how much Jesus loves us we are more likely to run toward Him than away from Him.
1) Think of a time you recently felt like you failed God. Were you more inclined to run to Jesus or to away from Him during this time?
2) How can you deepen your understanding of how much Jesus loves you so that you will be more inclined to run to Him in your time of failure?
David Penuel reminds us that our tendency to feel unworthy, undervalued or lonely is an indication that we have forgotten the opinion of the One who really matters. Romans 5:8 tells us that “God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
1) How does the feeling of loneliness manifest itself in your life – your attitude, your behavior, your expectations?
2) What verses in scripture demonstrate your worth in God’s eyes? Start with Ephesians 1-3 and keep an ongoing list of what He has done, is doing or will do in the future for you?