As a church our purpose is to call all people to be fully devoted followers of Christ.
A calling implies both introduction and continued encouragement to live a life of full devotion to Jesus Christ. Our purpose as the local body of Christ is to reach the unchurched, dechurched, dead-churched and unmoved. We also exist to encourage, equip, serve and sustain those already devoted to Christ.
- The unchurched – those who have never been exposed to a biblical community
- The dechurched – those who have previously been in a "church" environment but have left it
- The dead-churched – those involved in a "church" that is not pursuing biblical Christianity
- The unmoved – those nominally involved with Christ or His purposes
A healthy church intentionally and zealously pursues a balanced ministry.
Through the power of the Holy Spirit that balanced ministry should result in:
- New converts to Christ through the work of the ministry
- New commitments to the local body and the cause of Christ
- New growth in the grace & knowledge of Christ
- New leaders for tomorrow's harvest for Christ
Stated another way, our desire is to call others to:
- Believe in Christ
- Belong to His body
- Be trained in truth
- Be strong in ministry
Our measure of success is defined by our ability, through Christ to be and make disciples.
Disciples are individuals who understand what it means to follow Jesus Christ into a life of worship, fellowship, sacrifice, service and yielding to the Spirit.
We are in the business of changed lives. We live to turn the uncommitted and opposed into unashamedly committed, fully devoted followers of Christ. Everything we do is measured by its usefulness, effectiveness and contribution toward this greater purpose.